Thursday, September 5, 2013

Gluten free pumpkin roll


This was my second attempt at a ”roll” kind of bread.
My first attempt, the oatmeal cinnabun,wasn't exactly what I wanted then to look like (even though they tasted like the real thing)
So, last night I set out on an obsession to find a way to make my husband his favorite rolls, without the oatmeal thickness.
I found a recipe on pinterest for some ”oopsie” breads. These are adorable, stable, little fluffy clouds that can be used as bread.
The concept was simple. Whip the egg whites, then Assad in those whipped yolks. The reviews were amazing, so I decided to multiply the recipe, and added some pumpkin and oatmeal to the mix.
I was not at all sure it would work, so I don't have any pictures of the process, but I promise my next try to have it from beginning to end.

Defloured Pumpkin Cheesecake Roll
By: Batter to Bake

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yields: One roll


Ingredients:
6 eggs separated
2/3 cup pumpkin
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp sugar (I used stevia)
1 cup coconut, almond or oat flour

Filling:
4 tbsp butter
1 package fat free creamcheese
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

**It is VERY important to follow each step exactly**

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease a 10x15 jelly roll pan
Separate the yolks and the whites into two separate bowls
Beat the yolks and sugar until thick for about five minutes
Stir in your pumpkin, flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg for about four minutes.
Now, with clean beaters, mix your egg whites until stiff (Like, lift the bowl over your head nothing falls out stiff)
Fold into your yolk mixture, and try your best to not flatten your egg whites.
Spread onto your pan.
Bake about 25 minutes, or until it springs back.
Lay out a towel, and sprinkle coconut flour or powdered sugar onto it. Turn over the pan and carefully peel back the pan onto your towel.
Roll your cake with the towel and leave to cool. Must cool completely or else it is too sticky to peel.
Mix all ingredients for your filling and spread it onto your roll.
Roll it again and cover tightly with Cling Wrap.
Leave in your refrigerator over night.
In the morning you get this delicious roll!




Be sure to check back next week, I'll be trying a Cinnamon raisin alternative to this!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment