Thursday, August 15, 2013

Gluten free peanut butter chip cookies


Who doesn't want a good chocolate chip cookie? To be honest when I thought that I woulhd have to cut flour out of my life completely this was the first thing that popped into my head. 

So, naturally, the first thing I would attempt to make would be a chocolate chip cookie. 

Growing up my sister and I used to make "Goof Balls". A recipe that we got from a "Sleepover game" when we were ten and seven. We still make those "Goof Balls" and I promise to post the recipe next time she comes over!

Now, first things first. I've made these three times already and I am posting the recipe that I like most, the one that tastes closest to a chocolate chip cookie. You can add more or less of any thing just keep the peanut butter the same.


Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
By Batter to Bake

Yields 13-15 Large cookies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes (I like them chewy)

Ingredients:
1 Cup of Creamy Peanut Butter (I use Peanut Butter Co's Maple PB)
1/2 cup Raw Sugar (I use a little less)
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/2 cup mixed chocolate and peanut butter chips(for the boys I use 1 cup)
Hand full of chips to top

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 Degrees.
Beat Peanut butter with sugar until fluffy. Add egg. Beat. Add baking soda and vanilla and mix together for about 2 minutes. 

Add the 1/2 to 1 cup of chip mixture. Once it's all blended cover your bowl with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator for ten minutes. 

Spray your cookie sheets with cooking spray. I use a ice cream scoop to make each cookie the same size, but just scoop the dough on to your sheets. 

To make the cookies have that "perfect chip" look, place some chips on top of each mixture. 

Place the sheets in the oven and bake. I like to bake them for around 10 minutes because I let them cool and get gooey. For the boys I cook them 12 minutes. 

Be sure to let them cool completely. 

Had to share my little man eating it! Check out that goofy face!

No comments:

Post a Comment